Del Mar Integrative Medicine & Med Spa
What To Expect?
After your initial physical examination, you will be sent to Scripps laboratory, or the laboratory of preference to be tested for:
● Quantiferon tuberculosis.
● Syphilis RPR.
Do I Need Any Vaccine?
For most cases, patients will need these vaccinations (varies on age):
● Varicella (chickenpox): having had the disease counts as the vaccination.
● MMR (measles, mumps, rubella).
● TDAP (must be within the past 10 years).
● Flu vaccination (flu season is from October 1 – March 31).
While labs are being run, you will be required to get any vaccinations are needed based on your age. Once everything is done, labs results completed and vaccinations done, we call you to come in to finalize your paperwork, and you’re done!
What to Bring to the First Appointment?
For your first appointment, you will need to bring:
● The first two pages of the USCIS i-693 form. If you need an interpreter, please fill out pages 1-3.● Your passport or driver’s license (a form of identification).● Any vaccination records.
Immigration Check List
COST – Cash pay – Included paperwork and physical only $195 per person.(includes return visit to review and pick up certified forms)● PASSPORT/ PHOTO ID● VACCINE RECORD● COVID CARD (AT LEAST 2, UNLESS JOHNSON & JOHNSON, ONLY NEED 1). IF THEY HAVE EXEMPTION, NEED PHYSICAL PROOF AND NO GUARANTEE IT WILL BE ACCEPTED● PAGES 1 & 2 ONLY (FILLED OUT) OF I693 FORM, CAN FIND THIS ON IMMIGRATION WEBSITE (uscis.com)
What to bring to your Medical Exam?
1. Valid, government issued picture ID such as a valid passport (preferred), driver's license, green card, or military ID.
2. Medical records (translated to English by an official translator, if necessary).
3. Immunization records (translated to English by an official translator, if necessary).
4. Any mental health records (translated to English by an official translator, if necessary).
5. An immigration physical Form I-693, (page 1-2) pre completed with your information IN CAPITAL LETTERS. Please make sure this form is up to date and the most current form available from the US Immigration Service.
6. If you do not speak fluent English you must bring a translator with you. The cost of your translator is at your expense.
After the Exam
Once the immigration medical examination is completed and all immunizations and/or lab tests have been provided to us, we will provide you with a certified form I-693 in a sealed envelope to present to the Department of Homeland Security and US Immigration Service. DO NOT OPEN THE SEALED ENVELOPE. Turn in the sealed envelope with your immigration application.
The medical examination will only be valid up to a year after the immigration exam date. Our physician will not certify or sign your I-693 until the medical exam is complete. Fees are required to be paid at the time of service.
Typically, you will be notified within 7 to 10 business days for labs if you use Scripps lab. A requisition will be provided. If you choose to use another lab, you are responsible to provide a copy of the results to our office. Please email lab results to .moc.miramled%40eciffo If you have a health condition requiring medical follow-up clearance will not be granted until follow-up is completed. You will be responsible for the cost of any additional medical examinations or treatments required to fulfill the federal health requirements of the US Immigration Service.
Del Mar Integrative Medicine does not have bilingual or multilingual staff. It is your responsibility to bring a translator and have all your necessary immunization and medical records translated into English by an official translator to expedite your exam process.
Are immunizations included in the price for my immigration medical exam?
No. The cost of immunizations and their administration cost extra. Depending on which immunizations you are required to have based on age, gender, and condition, will determine which must be completed before your immigration exam can be completed.
Does our physician have to complete both the Vaccination Table and the Results section to properly complete the vaccination portion of the Form I-693?
Yes. US Immigration Services requires our physician to completely fill out the vaccination table and the Results section. Our physician must note in the vaccination table the complete vaccination history, date(s) of vaccinations given by us, and any waiver requests.
Will my insurance cover the cost of the immigration physical exam?
No. We ask you to pay in full at the time you check in for the exam.
How long will my appointments take?
Call office to schedule your initial appointment.
~ Immigration 1 hour initial (per person)
~ Immigration 30 minute follow up (per person)